Sunday 29 May 2011

Night night, don't let the bed bugs bite.

The concept of sleep is non-existent in our household. It's so sporadic. According to HV "around about 5/6 months you've come to understand your baby and have got into a really stable routine" really ? Ok well maybe it was like that the first time round as Princess was your "textbook baby" however Spud is FAR from textbook. 

Sleep-wise Spud had a shaky start not sleeping all that well whilst in the room with us.
4 months in we made a decision to try him in his own room hoping this may settle him, BINGO!! He settled giving us a whole 3 months worth of sleep ( well 6/7 hours per night ) brilliant!  He's now 7 months old and reverted back to 0-4 months where sleep is a mere dream in our imaginations. Leaving us all zombified! 

We have however found a solution *touches wood repeatedly* the past 3 nights he slept in his bouncer chair in the living room infront of the television :S so this our new set up until he changes his mind. Plus sides to this - Spud gets sleep, I get sleep as I get shoo-ed to go up to bed my the hubby-to-be. ( I'm REALLY not complaining! ) andPrincess gets to sleep soundly. Only one who isn't winning is Phil's crooked neck by sleeping on the couch. 

At the moment I feel as if I am dreaming as having 3 nights sleep, like 3 nights FULL sleep is just beyond my thought process. I pray this lasts for a few more nights at least.

So with that I bid you a Goodnight! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment