Wednesday 1 June 2011

Sky is shit&so is Virgin..well Virgin isn't but so.....


Past two days has been a nightmare!! Reason being I was at my parents house the other day, trying to sort their broadband out for them. They've been with Sky for over 10 years now and the way I was spoken to by their staff was disgraceful. Their broadband has never worked but them being nearly in their 70's and not using it, it's never really been an issue for them. ( even though they've been paying for it ) So now with my sister starting secondary school in September, they've come to realise it would be useful to have. After trying to sort it myself and failing I decided to give Sky a call with the hope they could sort this out for them. 

"thankyou for calling Sky, you are in a queue and your call will be answered shortly.." shortly?! Try 40 minutes later. 

Explained to the guy on the phone the situation. He was far from helpful, asking me if I'd done this and that - I'd already told him I'd done it! "ok he says one last thing to try before we will send an engineer out to you, go and get a screw driver get down on the floor unscrew the phone socket box and test the test centre at the back of the box" ...... Sorry what?!?! Do I look like Handy Manny!? So I say " I've explained this to you already I can't do that as I am registered blind and wouldn't be able to see what I'm doing and as for my 70 year old parents they can barely walk let alone get down on the floor to do this" his reply "well Miss Rankin it really isn't that hard for yourself to do" ...... By this point my blood is boiling. " what?! Not that hard for me to do? I can't see the bloody thing so I think you'll find it is" he replied with an "oh..." 

Well what now? "well your mum and dad will have not do it" CAN'T "and you definitely can't do it?" NO!!! "well is there anyone else in your property that can help you?" ....."well there's my four year old little girl who is also partially sighted would you like her to do it(?)" .."well it is quite safe Miss Rankin"......

*takes deep breathes*

"ok let me spell this out for you, could you send someone out to sort my parents broadband for them, they cannot do it, I cannot do it and my four year old little girl cannot do it".. "well no Miss Rankin an engineer won't come out until you've done this thing that we ask you to do" 

FINE!! "put me through to your manager" 

Several conversations later still getting the same old thing doesn't matter that my parents are pensioners and I am disabled. It's physically impossible to do. 

My mum got very upset and told me to cancel everything she had with Sky (phone, tv, multiroom, and the non-existent broadband) she pays over £70 a month to these idiots. So I get transferred to cancellations "why do you want to cancel your tv Miss Rankin if it's the broadband that's the issue?"..... Well it's a little thing called principle mate!

"ok it's cancelled"

Right, so onto Virgin I go for what they wanted it would cost £120 a month :O apparently they have to buy the channels off Sky and that's why it's so dear. 

So off I go to speak to my mum "well maybe we should just go back to Sky, I can't afford Virgin".......... *screams* " well if you go back to Sky you can't have broadband then cos they are refusing to come out to fix it" 

Calling Sky back.....*thankyou for calling Sky,your in a queue and your call will be answered shorly"....15 minutes later.

So I'm explaining to this guy (thankfully different one to the say before) what's happened,the way we were treated and us cancelling and now her wanting to come back to Sky. "oh well you've cancelled now I don't think you can just do that!" FFS!!! "I'll see what I can do"....well thanks it's very good of you(!) "ok that's all done your mum is back with us, just hold the line a moment".."would you like an egineer to come out and check your parents broadband Miss Rankin?" ....OMG!! "are you joking ? This is what I asked for yesterday and you refused to send one and that's why we cancelled" .."oh, well do you want one or not?"....obviously!!!!

What a waste of time!! Why couldn't they have just done that in the first place? Instead thru were damn right rude and very unhelpful. 

Moral of the story just don't get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment